In this example, we’re going to show the trend in total hours and period hours for Delta Air Lines’ A320s.
- Go to the Aircraft section, Detail tab.
- In the Quick Filter Search (QFS) type “A320” and select A320 under the Aircraft Type category.
- In the QFS type “Delta Air” and select Delta Air Lines under the Operators category.
- In the QFS type “in service” and select In Service under the Status category. You should see around 69 aircraft in the grid.
- Now click on the Trend tab, and when presented with Add/Remove grouping dialogue, remove the defaults groups and add the following from under the Age and identification heading: Flightglobal ID and Registration. Then click Accept.
- When presented with the Select metrics dialogue, remove the defaults, and add the following from under the Hours and Cycles heading: Total Cumulative Hours, and Total Period Hours.
- Now select the calendar picker in the top left and select 2010 – 2015, Yearly.
- You should now see around 138 rows (69 aircraft x 2 metrics) similar to that shown below (Figure 1).
Grouping by FG ID (a unique key for individual aircraft) essentially creates a grouping of individual aircraft, and by also adding registration, we have given ourselves an easy way to identify each aircraft.