We’re pleased to announce the release of a new version of our aircraft profiles. This new version, available in PDF format, has been designed specifically for download\print. For each Commercial aircraft (other market groups to follow) you will now be able to download a version of the profiles not just from the aircraft profile pages themselves, but also directly from the search result pages.
NOTE: It can take up to 10s for the PDF to appear in your browser’s download queue. Aircraft profiles are not cached, individual profiles are generated each time a profile page is requested, or a PDF downloaded is initiated, this is because we have more than 420 thousand aircraft profiles, and these profiles are generated from a database of more than 2.3 million aircraft events, and these events are updated on a continual basis.
The PDF versions of profiles will:
- display aircraft accident information
- be tailored individually for the commercial, business-jet, military, and helicopter classes (Commercial only in first release)
- be shorter (a profile for a commercial aircraft will be 4-5 pages; military aircraft will be a single page)
- be available from the search-results grids (rather than just the individual profile pages, as is the case today)
- include a date stamp (so you know when it was generated)
- have a consistent layout (so it’s easy to compare profiles side-by-side)
- have a much-improved summary page